RE: [SLUG] home network

From: virtros (virtros@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 22:11:02 EST

I have a virtually identical setup at home and this is what I did. Well
this solution does require the costs of two 802.11b pci cards but is
pretty easy to do. I'd bring the cable modem into your house at the
location of the room with the three computers and use the linksys 10/100
to distribute as you see fit. In your linux box I'd install an 802.11b
pci and set up an ad-hoc network with the same type of adapter in the
computer(s) in the other room. If you like one of those 4 port combo
10/100 and 802.11b wireless routers in place of the linksys would make
configuration easier but not quite as much fun.

Good Luck!

Noah Guilbault