RE: [SLUG] Apache behind Netgear Firewall

From: Bill Glidden (bglidden@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 13:14:48 EST

I have a netgear router, too.
On the netgear administration menu (which is accessed through your
web browser), there should be an option
somewhere there for ports. I modified this on my router to
send port 80 traffic to my linux system which is on my internal
network. As I understand it (and please believe that I'm not a network
expert, I live in databases), this will route external traffic on
port 80 wherever you specify. Port 80 traffic internally (i.e. getting
to the administration menus) will still work as before.

Hopefully I haven't embarassed myself due to my limited networking
knowledge.
I only know that I got it to work for me ;)