[SLUG] A JAVA Question.

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 09:03:22 EST

A friend of mine is attempting to move a Java app which was written
using Visual Cafe into swing. (for one so we can run it on LINUX) do
any of you know if there is software to do the conversion or is it
going to be a re-write?

I know that this is sort of off topic, but we are trying to make
it run on non M$ OS's and the VC stuff is tied to M$. By moving it
to swing (I am only the messenger, I told him I would poke around
for him, so I am not sure if my description is totally clear here)
to swing I understand the code will be open and much easier to maintain
and also he will have a multiplatform version.

Chuck Hast
Telecomms Consultant, Utility Partners.
WEB www.utilpart.com
Office number: 813.282.8828 x 1175
C-phone number: 813.765.6743
E-mail: wchast@utilpart.com
SMS < 150 characters: 8137656743@mobile.att.net
ARS KP4DJT

To paraphrase my flight instructor;
"the only dumb question is the one you DID NOT ask resulting in my going out
and
having to identify your bits and pieces in the midst of torn and twisted
metal."

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com