[SLUG] RH8 Question

From: Austin Theen (austin@austintheen.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 09:26:35 EST

To go along with my question concerning Red Hat 8 and PHP, I've quoted
inline the config's to enable php use in RH8 and my Gentoo system. RH8
uses the filter which I guess is suppose to hand off these files to an
interpreter marked as 'PHP'. Somehow libphp4.so knows this handler?

--- begin /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf ---
#
# PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language which attempts to make it
# easy for developers to write dynamically generated webpages.
#

LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

#
# Cause the PHP interpreter handle files with a .php extension.
#
<Files *.php>
    SetOutputFilter PHP
    SetInputFilter PHP
    LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>

#
# Add index.php to the list of files that will be served as directory
#
DirectoryIndex index.php
--- END ---

This is how I have my Apache 2.0.44 and PHP 4.3.1 working on Gentoo,
which uses mod_php instead of filtering through php like cgi.

--- BEGIN modules.d/70_mod_php.conf ---
<IfDefine PHP>
  <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
    LoadModule php4_module extramodules/libphp4.so
  </IfModule>
</IfDefine>

<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php