[SLUG] RH8 Question

From: Austin Theen (austin@austintheen.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 09:13:11 EST

Hey all,

I've been stuck on a Red Hat 8 server that has apache 2.0.40 and PHP
setup as a filter instead of a module. This was the default setup for RH
in 8. Why they did this is beyond me. It does not work out of the box.
Even after a fresh install, it doesn't work.

What happens is this: Apache works like a champ, sends the right html
for the virtual domain, adds the SSI for static pages, but when you goto
a PHP page, it sends the actual PHP code instead of filtering it through
the PHP interpreter.

Everything appears correct in apache.conf and there are no major changes
to php.ini, I've googled this for awhile and came back with nothing
substantial. So I ask the list, has anyone got RH8+Apache2.0+PHP4 to
work?

--
Austin Theen <austin@austintheen.com>
Information Technology Works