Re: [SLUG] Getting audio CD to work

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 21:44:17 EST

I've got this same problem with KDE 3.1 and now KDE 3.1.1. My short
term solution is to use the Konqueror file browser which opens audio
devices. This is sub-optimal, because it's CPU intensive and not nearly
as responsive. Definitely a bug (said in a Dustin Hoffman Rain Man sort
of way). Interesting thing is it also affects cdcd and cdplay (command
line cd players) and Gnome's cd player and Grip, all of which used to
work great in Redhat 8.0, but now not in Gentoo. Oh well...