Re: [SLUG] Lycoris for a friend

From: bpreece1 (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 22:27:18 EST

Xandros is the easiest how ever Lycrois is a close second. Xandros can do a
default in which you answer 1 question if you want it that easy.

S.u.S.E. gives you the most out of a box. How ever in the past anyone
wanting to get familiar with Redhat, Mandrake was the better option for
cost and most prepackaged of the Redhat based.

Xandros is Debian based so it ues Apt-Get and Lycrois is the easiest to
install now, For the RPM based distros ELX was very easy as well.

Diane has installed both Lycrois and Elx by her self on her Laptop. Only on
Elx she had to ask me one question to install it and it was should she
install the desktop or Laptop options.

So this comes to the what do you want to use it for and what your taste is.
Also what do you really need? Do you need 6 to 7 cd's with the DVD single?
Or do you need simple and add as you go?

To me they all have their place just as a Mac vs. PC issue. Again what do
you need it for and what do you want to do with it?

How ever the cool thing is that you always have the list and several options
to get help no matter what you decide.

Enjoy.
Bill Preece