[SLUG] gpm doesn't seem to work on Debian

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 07:02:37 EST

With Redhat I have the ability to use my mouse and high lite text in a
console window, but I can't seem to get that same function to work with
Debian.

I've install gpm in Debian. and looking at my mouse on the two systems
they are different.
Redhat:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root /dev/mouse -> psaux
Debian:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root /dev/mouse -> gpmdata

when I installed gpm in Debian I was presented with /dev/psaux as my
mouse device. But for the life of me I can't seem to be able to high
lite text in a console window with Debian.

Can someone shed some light on this problem? What am I missing?

Thanks
Mike M