[SLUG] PHP MySQL question.

From: SpamFree (SpamFree@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 13:07:59 EST

The following code snippet works fine. The WHILE statement returns true:

> $catsquery = "SELECT cats, COUNT(cats) FROM data_tbl GROUP BY cats";
> $getcats = mysql_query($catsquery) or die ("Boom!!");
>
> while ($catsarray = mysql_fetch_array($getcats))
> {
> //do stuff
> }

//snip

But, if I use the MYSQL_ASSOC option it fails. The WHILE statement returns
false:

> $catsquery = "SELECT cats, COUNT(cats) FROM data_tbl GROUP BY cats";
> $getcats = mysql_query($catsquery) or die ("Boom!!");
>
> while ($catsarray = mysql_fetch_array($getcats, MYSQL_ASSOC))
> {
> //do stuff
> }

//snip

Can anyone tell me why this second snippet fails? The query can return a lot
of records so, I want to create the array by association rather than both
association and numeric index, as the first snippet does. You know, memory
and all that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.