Re: [SLUG] Florida's Super-DMCA bill

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 14:27:51 EST

> I am surprised no one here has mentioned:
>
> tampabay.rr.com now allows you to use your own cable modem
> if it is compatible with their system.
> I can't understand why anyone would want to, I have been told,
> but I don't understand. I don't see where there is a fee reduction
> and for something of this cost (you may get one cheep, but it's
> replacement may be over a hundred dollars when lightning gets the
> old one, when there are no sales) it seems like cheep insurance.
> (free replacements)

Hmm, when is "now?" In September, when I signed up with them, they
didn't. My reasons for wanting to do so: I own a cable modem. At one
point, there was a $10/month discount for using your own modem with rr,
when they previously allowed users to do so (a while back).

Thanks for the update, I'll check it out.

Levi