[SLUG] scanner "invalid argument"

From: Dennis McDonald (dmcdon3@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 18:23:46 EST

Thanks for all the help you have provided in the past.
I have a Acer 620U USB scanner that was working fine until I reboot
scanimage returns "Failed to open device
snapscan:/dev/usb/scanner0':Invalid argument.
sane-find-scanner returns sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor =
0x04a5, product = 0x2060) at device /dev/usb/scanner0
scanimage -L returns device `snapscan:/dev/usb/scanner0' is a Acer
FlatbedScanner13 flatbed scanner
xsane returns same as scanimage.
/etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf contains usb 0404a5 0x2060
I have changed permissions for /dev/usb/scanner0
I can't get rid of the Invalid argument.
Any help out there?
This has worked, then fails after reboot, then worked again after ONE
reboot, but now reboot is consistent failure
Thanks
Dennis