[SLUG] RAID 0 on IDE

From: Kenneth W Hansen (khansen46@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 18:20:20 EST

I've been reading about RAID devices, and I'm curious
to try one out. I'm interested in RAID 0 on IDE, to
see if it can help the performance of my system a
little. i also want to try it just for the experience.
Here's my system:
AMD K6/2 350
256 SDRAM
(2) 4 gig HD
CD ROM
CD Burner
Currently running ELX Linux

I know that I need to put the HDs on seperate IDE
controllers. Will having the CD ROM and/or CD burner
as slaves hurt?
On an old system like this, will I notice much (any)
increase in performance?
Is there anything else I should know before I try
this?

Thanks.
Ken