[SLUG] RedHat 9.0 and openSSL

From: Peter S. (Linux@myraandpete.net)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 21:21:14 EST

I have not installed RedHat 9.0 yet.. just downloaded the ISO's this
afternoon, but read this off of another newsgroup. If you have a
subscription to their service (even the basic one) you can download the
ISO's (3 right now). They should publish it to their public FTP site
next week for download.

"If anyone gets their hands on RedHat 9 and then tries to compile Nessus
2.0.3, it will fail. After panning through the output, I saw that
OpenSSL had thrown a fit. I submitted an e-mail to the nessus mailing
list and Renaud told me that indeed the distro of openssl from RH is
busted up.

I found a fix for this problem.

To solve this issue:

Download openssl-0.9.7a from ftp.openssl.org
Untar and copy the contents from: /openssl-0.9.7a/include/openssl To
/usr/include/openssl
Compile nessus and all is well."

Pete