RE: [SLUG] RAID 0 on IDE

From: Peter S. (Linux@myraandpete.net)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 21:36:55 EST

RAID 0 will increase your performance for HD writing, Definitely do not
want them on the same controller. Keep in mind, if one of the HD's
fails, you will lose all of your data (since it has no fault
tolerance). Might want to consider looking for a RAID IDE card. These
will let you set up IDE drives in RAID 0,1 or 5, (RAID 1 without the
performance hit). If you could rustle up a 3rd HD, you could consider a
RAID 5. Promise makes a good product
http://www.promise.com/product/product_list_eng.asp?familyId=2

Most of their cards have Linux drivers available.
Another good place to poke around is www.pricewatch.com... but be
careful shopping there.

Pete