Re: [SLUG] Dial up | Linux ISP

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 13:27:26 EDT

When I was on the road fairly often I used Earthlink. They have a
massive number of local dialup access numbers all over the US (and
Europe) and I had no problems connecting to the local dialup whereever I
went. I downloaded their web site's full list of local access numbers
to my laptop harddrive for reference. Service is about 19-something
dollars a month.

For an additional charge you can get national 1-800 number access for
the few places that don't have a local Earthlink access number. I used
it on a few occasions when the local numbers seemed busy or overloaded.
Be aware that the Earthlink's 800 number service has a time-metered
additional fee and that some hotels charge extra to access some "local"
exchanges.