Re: [SLUG] RH AS,ES,WS What release level?

From: Jim Wildman (jim@rossberry.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 15:49:50 EDT

The Advanced Server series started with the 2.4.9 kernel. It has now
undergone 16 revs (2.4.9-e.16). Not all of those have been released to
the customers. We're seeing about every third (.6, .9, .12, .16). It
now includes the O(1) scheduler, some bleeding edge nics (Broadcom and
Intel's 10/100/1000), improved vm and lots of other stuff from 2.5. The
apps are essentially the 7.3 apps, with appropriate bug fixes to the
core stuff (ie, don't expect bug fixes to kdegames).

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE jim@rossberry.com
http://www.rossberry.com