[SLUG] kmail problem

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 21:52:01 EDT

Hello Sluggers

Running KDE 3.1.1 Recently upgraded programs. Among them was kmail
1.5.1

kmail saved all of my configuration, directories etc. OK

However, when I/we (other users) try to open a mail, the reader's
panel is blank. Nothing appears, except for some inline stuff which
opens a fourth window which shows header, body 1, body2, etc. If you
then click on that, the viewer's panel (where you read the actual
message) will open for the part that was selected. This is for mails
which ONLY have that info as inline. As you all know that is perhaps
only 10% of the messages?

Can see the message info if I do a "reply" to the messsage
which brings up the quoted text.

Not a very satisfacory way of looking at your e-mail, by replying to
every message to review it, and then close it.

Have tried every conceivable way of configuring kmail without any
success. I hope that someone else has had this problem ( not wishing
these problems on anybody) and they have solved it.

Can anybody help me solve this? Please?

Bob S.