Re: [SLUG] Web hosting info

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 00:59:13 EDT

Ok first off ... I'm jealous. Second, I'll give you
the same advice I recieved which has served me well:

Put your resume on as many job boards as possible, but
do not submit an application through any of them.

Be very particular about applying to newspaper ads.
ie. with a little experience you will be able to tell
which ads are feeler ads for headhunters that really
do not have a position to post for. They do this to
keep resumes coming in the door. Also, many of the
little mom&pop shops do the same. Your resume winds
up in a pile used as ammunition against a guy they
actually are interested in that probably knew someone
to get the interview.

Cold call prospects (after researching them) in your
spare time

Contact three reputable headhunters, no more no less,
and have them look for you (pretty dead in this
market, but ya never know).

Be honest, and lastly.

NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK. play 6 degrees from me all
over the town.

It's worked well for me in the past. I am also
looking for a position currently.... so if you know
someone that needs a IT infrastructure support guy/sys
admin/ sys engineer/ sys analyst/ developer... let me
know :)

As for specific advice about getting a web host
manager position... the other posts are correct... In
general, if you ask a question like that, then save
yourself the trouble and spend your time looking for
something you don't need to ask a question like that
about.

Good Luck,
Rob