RE: [SLUG] Finding Jobs

From: Joseph Gruber (jgruber@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 06:10:25 EDT

> Computer I.T. Jobs are the worse thing right now.
> I hate to say this but unless you have programming and database
> knowledge as well you are reaching.

Yeah but no one cares about MySQL yet..only Oracle & MS SQL. Maybe that
will change in the future. ;)

> In almost 2 years the only thing I found was doing AOL
> tech support for Software Spectrum. Then that turned into a
> nightmare.

How'd you guess? LOL FYI...it's all broadband there now...narrowband was
just shut down last week.

> P.S. Perhaps something unheard of. Why not a gathering of unemployed techs
> I say a few thousand going out and showing Jeb we need things to change?

That's a great idea! We hear all about this "I-4 Tech Corridor" -- anyone
see this? Maybe it's time for this country/state to realize they need to
crack down on these companies sending their jobs over to India. If the tech
industry was unionized you better damn well believe it wouldn't be happening
but unfortunately it's not.

Joseph