Re: [SLUG] Finding Jobs

From: bpreece1 (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 22:12:35 EDT

Computer I.T. Jobs are the worse thing right now.
I hate to say this but unless you have programming and database
knowledge as well you are reaching.

In almost 2 years the only thing I found was doing AOL
tech support for Software Spectrum. Then that turned into a
nightmare.

Until tight wads get off their rears and realize that they are destroying
the industry that could help them gain an edge.

I also get sick everytime I hear these Tech Schools that try to sell
false hopes and promises. Tech Skills, ITT, Florida Metropoltian,
New Horizions, and Edu-Tech just to name a few.

If and when the economy picks back up. You can rest ashure that the
pay scale from so many techs being out of work will drop beyond your
wildest imagination. Unofficial off record word I got from someone I know
at the unemployment office told me that there is around 10,000 out of work
techs
in Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco countys.

My advice is this if you want a Tech job you better learn as much as you
can.
Be ready to get about 1/3 less in pay now then in the past.

Good Luck to everyone looking for work.

Bill Preece

P.S. Perhaps something unheard of. Why not a gathering of unemployed techs
I say a few thousand going out and showing Jeb we need things to change?

Just a thought.