Re: [SLUG] a simple cygwin question... I think.

From: Jared Quedens (jared_quedens@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 13:10:55 EDT

--- Russell Hires <rhires@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Is this a problem w/ Cygwin, or posgresql? There are postgresql docs about how
> to run it as a non-root user...I can't help you with cygwin, though...

 Ya its mainly a cygwin problem, I dont know how to "su postgres" or login as postgres. nothing
seems to work. if I login to XP as postgres it auto-logs me in as postgres. Same with my regular
login im a super-user. Authentication fails no matter what other method I use. I looked at the
how-tos but cant get a clear picture of what they are talking about.