Re: [SLUG] Finding Jobs

From: Jared Quedens (jared_quedens@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 13:29:34 EDT

> The only way the school survived is through
> centralized network management programs and adherance
> to standards.

DOS 4.11 and wordperfect was a standard at one time also, what happens when the standards change?
I just hope im not retired by then :-).

> I think sometime soon we will see companies hiring
> more IT infrastructure support guys, but they pay is
> going to be sh@t, and the work culture not much
> better. Status Quo for amercian business tactics of
> late... treat your employees like crap, demand blood
> from them, and let them know that they could be
> unemployed if they don't like it. Isn't it fun to see
> the best of human nature in our business :)

My feeling is that companies are gonna have to start hiring soon! currently XP has only been
implemented as an upgrade to 2000 / NT. I have not yet seen XP used with multiple logins. And you
are 100% right as far as the decline in tech appreciation! I remeber getting free lunch, days off,
all the coffee, candy and chips you can want, even a christmas bonus that would cover your
christmas expenses. Then within a year, it was a table in a noisy switch room and you were happy
damnit! or leave!....