Re: [SLUG] Finding Jobs

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 13:59:16 EDT

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 13:29, Jared Quedens wrote:

> are 100% right as far as the decline in tech appreciation! I remeber getting free lunch, days off,
> all the coffee, candy and chips you can want, even a christmas bonus that would cover your
> christmas expenses. Then within a year, it was a table in a noisy switch room and you were happy
> damnit! or leave!....

I've never got free candy. And a X-Mas bonus...who ever heard of such a
thing? :-(
Oh, I had to laugh at your noisy switchroom comment, because I work in
an over-sized closet in the warehouse at my current employer. I have to
put up with no windows, and switches / servers buzzing all around me.
Sometimes I put sunglasses over my sunglasses before I walk outside.

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. -- Nietzsche