Re: [SLUG] Finding Jobs

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 10:22:37 EDT

In my previous position I supported 400 PC running
win95,98,NT, and 2000, and 700 Macs running Mac os
7,8,9, and X. We had three techs so I guess if it
were to be broken down thats around 350 machines for
each guy, but that doesn't include that fact that I
was working two of the positions when one of the guys
was fired for offensive customer services skills.

The only way the school survived is through
centralized network management programs and adherance
to standards.

I think sometime soon we will see companies hiring
more IT infrastructure support guys, but they pay is
going to be sh@t, and the work culture not much
better. Status Quo for amercian business tactics of
late... treat your employees like crap, demand blood
from them, and let them know that they could be
unemployed if they don't like it. Isn't it fun to see
the best of human nature in our business :)