RE: [SLUG] Filesystems

From: Short SrA Christopher (shortc@centcom.mil)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 18:31:26 EDT

I've just finished reading the papers from Red Hat shortly before receiving
your e-mail. I guess I should have been a little more specific in that this
will be my home, desktop PC. I've currently got a thread going at Anandtech
discussing what filesystem for what purpose, partition sizes, etc. I've
gotten some very interesting responses but a few things keep coming back
around. As soon as I formulate more ideas I'm sure I'll be posting here to
see what SLUG thinks. I won't be using Linux (again) for quite some time
but I'm researching the hell out of things to make sure I have as many bases
covered before installing as possible. Essentially I'll have everything
laid out before downloading a distro.

Good buildings are built on great foundations.

Chris Short, SrA USAF
shortc@centcom.mil