[SLUG] gentoo install

From: Thomas A. Ufer (tufer@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 00:41:58 EDT

This came from a non-member address:

From: Doug Koobs <>
To: slug@nks.net
Subject: gentoo install
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 00:09:36 -0400

I'm attempting to install Gentoo 1.4rc4 on my Toshiba Satellite 4090. I
completed the whole install according to the Gentoo install doc, and
installed and configured Grub as the boot loader. But when I reboot, all
get is a flashing cursor at the top of the screen... no Grub menu or
anything. I've re-emerged grub, looked over the grub.conf file numerous
times, ran grub and configured a few times, it's all correct as far as I
can
see. What else can I check?

Thanks,

Doug