Re: [SLUG] open source web authoring

From: Mike (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 06:25:38 EDT

Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:

>> I believe you might want to give Bluefish a whirl. If I recall from the
>> informal Sarasota Lug meeting at Roblimo's http://roblimo.com/ house, he
>> uses it extensively and he writes in HTML on a daily basis. Bluefish
>> errata can be found at: http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html
>

> Yes, I use Bluefish constantly, but both Bluefish and Quanta assume
> you know HTML and/or CSS. They aren't WYSIWYG "automatic"
> HTML/Javascript/CSS generators. My advice for a non-profit going
> online would be to use a packaged content management system, possibly
> OpenCMS - http://www.opencms.com - that may take a little work and
> skill to set up and templatize, but requires no knowledge or special
> tools for people who then add/change site content.
>
> - Robin

I have a web site running with an opensource product called ezcontents.
It was easy to setup and anyone that is authroized can change the
contents. All you need is a web browser and the ability to type. You
can use html in you the text if you like or not.
http://www.visualshapers.com/

Check out my website at http://www.themanchesters.com

good luck
Mike M.