Re: [SLUG] open source web authoring

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 11:46:03 EDT

On Friday, May 02, 2003 at 05:43AM -0400, Mike wrote:

> >Go
> ><snip>
> >

> >>Qunta Plus 3.1.1 comes with kde
> >>
> >>http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
> >>

> vi comes with linux.

and Vim is much nicer to use. <g>

and with Cream (http://cream.sourceforge.net/), Vim can be just like a
normal text editor, but still have all its vimmish goodness.

And of course, vim is typically the default 'vi' on every
gnu/linux distro.

( I have used non-vim vi's... Debian uses nvi (new-vi, exact vi clone) by default, and let me
tell ya, original vi is okay, but is rather harder to use...).

There's a KVim, which is a KDE component... You could have the
text-editor that is embeded in Quanta be kvim instead, I think.
I've seen screenshots where the form-fields in a konqueror window were
embeded kvim. http://www.freehackers.org/kvim/screenshots.html

So, one can use Quanta *and* vim, if one wanted.

I've Never used Kvim, because I don't have KDE installed, and never used
Gvim because it insists on a white background, which I cannot stand....

Cheers!