Re: [SLUG] SLUG live CD

From: ethan zimmerman (ethan@ethanzimmerman.com)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 17:17:14 EDT

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 15:13, Levi Bard wrote:
> I remember, a while back, there was an initiative to customize/SLUGize a
> Knoppix release. What's the latest progress? Can I download it from
> somewhere? I've been giving out a lot (comparatively) of Knoppix CDs
> lately, and it would be good to have one that points local folks to SLUG
> with questions, concerns, comments, blah. I'd also be interested in
> contributing.
>
> Levi

About The SLUG KNOPPIX CD...

1. It's a default KNOPPIX 3.1 setup except that the SLUG logo has been
added to the desktop wallpaper and index.html

2. It was remastered by John Pedersen and I created the label design.
Both of us should have the ISO image (however I can't seem to find mine
right this second). I think Bill Preece has some CD's I brought to a
Brandon meeting also.

3. I have room on my website to store the ISO but I don't have broadband
to get it there (The next time I'm in Tampa I'll head over to USF and
upload it If I remember)

4. If you want to distribute some on your own go to
www.ethanzimmerman.com/slug There'll you'll find the Neato label maker
software, and the SLUG KNOPPIX label. To unlock the Neato software
either use the serial in serial.txt or go to www.neato.com and sign up
to get one emailed to you (along with a bunch of spam too). Then open
the SLUG KNOPPIX label with the Neato software and print it out. Sadly
however the Neato software only works on windows (how ironic) but we
just used what we had lying around.

I think that's everything

P.S. If you have any KNOPPIX experience email me off-list maybe you can
help me with some of my other projects

Squish me I'm cheesy --Larry the Cucumber