Re: [SLUG] SLUG live CD

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 00:24:09 EDT

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:52:15PM -0400, Levi Bard wrote:

> > About The SLUG KNOPPIX CD...
> >
> > 1. It's a default KNOPPIX 3.1 setup except that the SLUG logo has been
> > added to the desktop wallpaper and index.html
>
> Hmm, I was hoping there was more to it than that. Ideally, imo, index.html
> should be either a SLUG page with a link to the original index.html, or
> a rewritten index.html that describes/promotes SLUG and links to all the
> content of the previous index.html, as well as most of the static content
> on suncoastlug.org. There are other changes I wanted to make too, but
> now I can't think of what they are.

I think there may have been a several reasons for not including more
"SLUG" content, though I wasn't directly involved, so I can't say for
sure. 1) space was tight; 2) John wasn't quite sure what he was doing
and didn't want to mess things up; 3) we weren't sure about the
copyright issues, and didn't want to go too far in replacing Knoppix'
work; 4) we wanted to give Knoppix as much credit as possible, since
they did some very nice work on that CD.

Of course, none of this prevents anyone else from making a stab at more
extensive customization.

Paul