Re: [SLUG] Debian and sourceforge

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 09:00:20 EDT

> Is there a way to add sourceforget to the /etc/apt/source.list in order
> to get and upgrade packages from source forge?

Only if SF maintains a debian source/package repository...and if they do,
it's news to me (good news, though!).

I'm always careful, though, adding third parties to my sources.list. It
would be easy for a third party to throw in a bastardized version of
apache and label it, say, version 4.0. Upon upgrade, apt would see a new
available version and install it, leaving the unwary upgrader none the
wiser.

Levi