Re: [SLUG] sco/linux/unix IP

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 13:40:16 EDT

On Thursday 15 May 2003 11:43, Derek Glidden wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 08:42, marrandy wrote:
> > SCO at it again.
> >
> > http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html
>
> And an excellent analysis and debunking of SCO's claims:
>
> http://www.opensource.org/sco-vs-ibm.html
>
> Unfortunately, ESR bogs down at the end with philosophical rambling that
> kind of muddies the whole thing. Just stop before the very end about
> "who owns UNIX."

There are some historical bits in there that conflict with what I've read as
well. Sifting through the true history from the rumor or confusion is
difficult.

Still, ESR hits on the major points. I particularly like the reference to #27,
whereby SCO was actually distributing the very thing they are contesting.

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>

(This message bound by the following: http://www.nks.net/email_disclaimer.html)