Re: [SLUG] Sarasota meeting agenda Wed. night

From: Logan (logan1304@comcast.net)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 19:03:44 EDT

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 14:34, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:
> In other words, a "'fine manual" you can
> tell them to read. There sure as bleep ain't one out there now that's
> useful for people who just want to learn the minimum pointy-clicky stuff
> to use Linux as a home or office desktop OS, not get deluged with
> command line obscurity...

In 2000, Sybex printed a book entitled, "Linux! I Didn't Know You Could
Do That..." by Nicholas Wells. A picture of me typing on a keyboard,
with an image of a penguin on my monitor, graces the front cover. While
a picture of a banana dominates the back cover. Its library of congress
card number is 99-65755. It attempted to be the same thing you
describe. I do not think its shelf life was very long, as you could
pick it up in a bargain bin for a buck. You might take the
short-shelf-life aspect into consideration before writing a long book,
which could be immediately outdated by a new release of the many
"point-clicky" interfaces. Or.... you could write Point & Click Linux,
Point & Click Linux II, Point & Click Linux XXIV etc. etc. blah blah...

Smugly enjoying his uptime (noted below)
The Logan

--
18:50:01 up 300 days, 10:13, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.30, 0.43
Your temporary financial embarrassment will be relieved in a surprising