[SLUG] Java2 Advance Concepts - Tutor Wanted

From: Josh Tiner (jtiner@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 10:38:00 EDT

Hi all:

I'm currently enrolled in a Java programming course @ SPJC entitled
Java2 Advanced Programming Concepts. I have previously taken the first
introductory to Java course where we covered primitive data types,
arrays, classes, inheritance, threading, packages, javax.swing.*,
applets, standalone applications, basic file IO, and a few other
goodies. I actually made a perfect A in the course and a 98 on the exam
(it was 200 questions so I'm pretty happy about that).

With this new course I'm taking however it's taking the concepts to a
few new levels. Right now in the first week we are learning about the
java.util collections framework. I must admit, it's a little bit over my
head, so I'm looking for a tutor that might have a few hours to spend
with me this week giving me a crash course in collections and "plain
English / real world" explanations of them and their uses. Previously
Levi Bard helped me out in the first class that I took and I was able to
grab concepts really good (enough to make an A!) Levi, if you're reading
this and have some free time, I'd like to get together with you again if
that's doable. Otherwise, if anyone out there that has a good grasp on
the Java programming language and some of its advanced features that
could help me demystify a few things, please e-mail me!

Very Sincerely Yours,
-jtiner