Re: [SLUG] Postfix+procmail+spamassassin

From: SpamFree (SpamFree@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 18:23:31 EDT

On Monday May 19 2003 10:42 pm, you wrote:
> I apologize for bringing this up again, but I'm still having trouble
> grasping this...
>
> I've got Postfix running on RH9, and imapd to give clients access to the
> mail. I'd like to use SpamAssassin to filter spam by content. (I notice
> that spamd starts at bootup, but I don't think it's actually doing
> anything.) From earlier posts, I know I need Procmail to do this. But I'm
> having trouble figuring out how to get the mail piped from one program to
> another. From what I gather, this is the path that email should take in my
> proposed setup:
>
> postfix>procmail>spamassassin>procmail>postfix>??????
>
> Can anyone point me in the right directoin for some good docs, or provide
> stepson how to do this? Thanks,
>
> Doug

Actually, procmail is not a requirement. Here is a step by step how-to for
configuring Postfix to filter all mail through spamassassin.
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/postfix+spamassassin+razor.txt

When you are done, you can test to see if it works by sending a Postfix user
the sample message at /usr/share/doc/spamassassin-2.44/sample-spam.txt

Using this method is rather simple and reliable.