Re: [SLUG] Re: The potential of collaborative documentation (was:Roblimo Linux)

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 11:43:54 EDT

> But this leads us to one of the major obstacles (IMO) that Linux needs
> to overcome. Linux seems to be a secret handshake operating system. It
> is what separates Geeks from users, these geeks are happy with this and
> do not appear to want John ( or Jayne) Q Public in their for geeks only
> club.

I completely disagree with this statement. I, and most, if not all, of
the Linux geeks I know, are constantly attempting to get people to try
Linux, helping people install Linux, and helping people use their Linux
software. I don't recall ever having told anyone that s/he shouldn't use
Linux, that s/he's too stupid to use Linux, or otherwise tried to exclude
John or Jayne.

Levi