Re: [SLUG] Re: The potential of collaborative documentation (was:Roblimo Linux)

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 15:17:38 EDT

On Thursday 22 May 2003 14:50, Brad Smith wrote:
> --- Dylan William Hardison <dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 22, 2003 at 01:23PM -0400, Levi Bard wrote:
> > > I think User-Mode Linux needs a better, not-already-taken acronym.
> > > Perhaps UNYATTUAUML (UNYATTUAUML is Not Yet Another Thing That Uses the
> > > Acronym UML)
> >
> > Seriously, what about LUM? Linux: User Mode
> >
> > Sure, it is a different name.. but it sounds cool. :)
>
> Then people will think it's a wacky alien.
>
> /me looks around to try and spot the anime fans on the list =;)

Ah, Urusei Yatsura. :)

I've completely automated a usenet feed from alt.binaries.anime.* that grabs
everything, parchive fixes, rar extracts, cleans filenames, and deposits
neatly in a playing queue. This in the past week or so. The goal is to make
this directory browseable via Freevo/Mythtv on the same box (that, and MAME).

I'm currently working on the linux based digital video system for Metrocon
(mplayer and laptops). Roy and Rob's collection far exceeds my meager
beginnings. We're currently looking for more volunteers to help this startup
con get off the ground:

        http://www.animemetro.com/metroconventions/

Yeah, this is my latest geeking project. See what I do in my "free" time? :)

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>

(This message bound by the following: http://www.nks.net/email_disclaimer.html)