Re: [SLUG] Re: The potential of collaborative documentation (was:Roblimo Linux)

From: Austin Theen (austin@austintheen.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 16:12:37 EDT

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 15:17, Ian C. Blenke wrote:
> > > Seriously, what about LUM? Linux: User Mode
> > >
> > > Sure, it is a different name.. but it sounds cool. :)
> >
> > Then people will think it's a wacky alien.
> >
> > /me looks around to try and spot the anime fans on the list =;)

/me raises hand cowardly in the corner. :)

> Ah, Urusei Yatsura. :)
>
> I've completely automated a usenet feed from alt.binaries.anime.* that grabs
> everything, parchive fixes, rar extracts, cleans filenames, and deposits
> neatly in a playing queue. This in the past week or so. The goal is to make
> this directory browseable via Freevo/Mythtv on the same box (that, and MAME).

First, Congrats! Second, that's just what I need! What are the chances
of it being posted somewhere?

> I'm currently working on the linux based digital video system for Metrocon
> (mplayer and laptops). Roy and Rob's collection far exceeds my meager
> beginnings. We're currently looking for more volunteers to help this startup
> con get off the ground:
>
> http://www.animemetro.com/metroconventions/
>
> Yeah, this is my latest geeking project. See what I do in my "free" time? :)

Sounds like fun; need any help?

I've got my home setup right now to capture cartoon network into divx so
I can play it downstairs on my QCast Tuner. I just need to setup a way
to automate the recording process within the ps2 frontend. Or I guess I
can put the linux/pvr at the tv but that doesn't sound as geeky. :/

Loving life watching Cowboy Bebop, Macross Zero, Gundam X

--
Austin Theen <austin@austintheen.com>
Information Technology Works