Re: [SLUG] playstation 2 + linux

From: Dave Lowe (dave@davelowe.us)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 18:59:48 EDT

Josh Tiner wrote:

> Hey all... I'm thinking about buying a ps2 and throwing linux on it -
> has anyone done this yet?

Not too easy yet. You would need a hard drive, something the PS2
currently lacks. Sony has a Linux model available in Japan complete with
keyboard, mouse, hard drive and network module. It is pre-loaded with
the operating system. It will eventually be made available in the US,
estimated cost for the upgrade is $199.

I don't know what distro Sony chose. And I am pretty sure you are stuck
with whatever they choose.

--

Regards,

Dave Lowe A+ Certified, baby! Tampa Bay, FL