Re: [SLUG] Moving from RR Cable to Verizon DSL = mucho easy

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 09:54:10 EDT

On Thursday 29 May 2003 08:45, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:
> They said a system audit had determined that we had removed a
> filter (from the utility pole) and that we were receiving premium
> channels without paying for them. I ended up beating them back
> on the payment, but it was not easy. There was an assumption all
> the way up to the system manager for Manatee County that I was a
> thief. The rudeness was amazing. Cable TV companies consistently
> get the lowest customer satisfaction scores of all type of
> businesses. I can see why...

>From the utility pole... Makes you wonder how often that happens?

That does not sound like your garden variety hack. Obviously there
are two options. A tech screwed up or someone else did it. Most
likely the former.

Do you even have a ladder that could reach it?

I'd write a story about it all. A nice detailed story that tells it
from the home owners viewpoint. How he one day came home to find a
hefty bill on his table for service he never had. Make it a good
read. Then mail it in to the new management, then pending the reply
from them put it out to /. and various news media.

Get the truth out and clear your name. Surely others have and will
have the same experience. A number of people would be able to add
their poor tech experience too. I know I had rude techs come out
here.

--

Steve ______________________________________________________ (This sig has been left open for your imagination.)