Re: [SLUG] Novell disputes SCO's claims

From: bpreece1 (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 11:08:23 EDT

As much as I myself have not cared for Novell in a long time, I am glad that
they tore SCO a new one.
Especially with they own the rights and have refused recently to sell these
rights to SCO.

This is obvious as stated in the letter "apparent to all that SCO's true
intent is to sow fear, uncertainty, and doubt about Linux in order to extort
payments from Linux distributors and users."

I believe that SCO will now basically loose it's ability to make revenue
during this time of a poor economy. Not to mention the fact that they could
open them selves to Legal suits from customers that it sold Caldera to
because they were selling something that supposedly had stolen code from SCO
in it. This would hold for them to be guilty in an attempt to force
customers to pay for something SCO knew was in their product that was
planted to exploit an attempt to collect more revenue. They must have had
ole Microsoft trying to give them ideas.

SCO should realize that it has now flat out jumped out of the frying pan
into the fire. Now then if SCO tried as well to sell these suppose pieces
that it thought they owned to Microsoft that they do not own both Novell and
Microsoft could have so much of a law suite that they would have to go out
of business. Not to mention if they are also proven guilty to try to use
this to get money out of the United Linux Partners. Because S.u.S.E., and
the others as well could also sue them for trying to sabotage the project.
Then the final death blow from IBM would make SCO a mere memory!

SCO needs to post a retraction as stated in the Novell letter and then seek
a new CEO and put this behind them while they have time.