Re: [SLUG] Novell disputes SCO's claims

From: Derek Glidden (dglidden@illusionary.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 11:36:30 EDT

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 20:58, Paul M Foster wrote:
> For those of you who haven't seen this elsewhere, Novell's CEO has
> issued a rebuttal to SCO's CEO regarding SCO's Unix patent and trademark
> claims. Novell claims _they_ own copyrights and trademarks to Unix. He
> also intimates that SCO could be in for lawsuits from companies who
> believe they've been harmed by SCO's most recent FUD. This is on the net
> already, but here's a link to the letter Novell's CEO wrote:

It's that last part that I really like.

There are a LOT of companies lining up to file lawsuits against SCO for
harming their business by making these allegations and not backing them
up. Add on to that, probably anyone who ever bought Caldera Linux, and
lots of Linux users as well. At this point, it's not clear that SCO has
any semblance of sanity left to them; it's hard to figure out just what
they had hoped to accomplish with these actions.

"We all enter this world in the    | Support Electronic Freedom
same way: naked; screaming; soaked |        http://www.eff.org/
in blood. But if you live your     |  http://www.anti-dmca.org/
life right, that kind of thing     |---------------------------
doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould