Re: [SLUG] Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for Linux

From: craig (cwc@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 23:19:49 EDT

> Lemme make sure I'm understanding this right... this game is a first
> person shoot 'em up for linux that is completely free and doesn't
> require any hax0ring and or stealing to get working out of the box?
>
> <jaws drop>...
>
> -jtiner

for gentoo linux, there are now 3 game cds. of course the new castle
wolfenstein, the original was the ut2003 demo. not sure if it is still
available on gentoo's site, but available elsewhere, maybe through
www.distrowatch.com
the next was released a few weeks ago, called "america's army" <the new
u.s. army's first person shooter> this version is full and works great.
found here http://gentoogames.supercomputerinc.com/aa-20030528.iso
another very noteworthy linux gaming cd is the morphix game cd has ut2003
and quake3 among a host of others, and its a no-install- boot and play right
off the cd- iso.
these are all free, require no hax0ring, and may provide countless hours of
entertainment.
GNU/linux is getting pretty good with games... eh?
craig