Re: [SLUG] SCO controversy - but funny this time.

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 16:37:56 EDT

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 10:15, Ian C. Blenke wrote:
> On Monday 02 June 2003 22:01, steve wrote:
> > I've not visited his link so I don't know what is going on, but
> > if he's not given authorization for you to login to his website
> > you are actually in violation of federal law.
>
> His website was down. He probably removed his index.html and the
> apache server is setup not to do auto-indexing (which is wise).
>
> I wouldn't worry about breaking any federal law. Even if you are
> personally challenged with a login, there is nothing wrong with
> clicking cancel to avoid attempting access to a given site.

Nah, the original comment said I had not visited it yet, all I saw
here was that people were seemingly hacking someone because someone
had already been hacked, and were left wide open.
: )

--

Steve ______________________________________________________ (This sig has been left open for your imagination.)