Re: [SLUG] Nessus

From: casey (casey@cmdrweb.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 00:46:09 EDT

Ok tried it out on my system, and I thank you very much for sparking an
interest in me to try it. It is a great tool that does it a lot more
than I have ever done with snort. I found it very useful in scanning my
servers at work and home. I'm sure you would have no problem
implementing this in any company; the program gives you the information
needed to correct all of the vulnerabilities that the machine(s) have.
What I have done to "test" it out, is
1. used it on my own machine
2. used it on machines at work
3. used it on machines in remote locations other than work ( boss's
house etc.)
It will drive the target machine nuts while you are doing it.
If you would like to run nessus on one of my servers, feel free, here is
the name of the machine to scan wincase.myvnc.com. You have my
permission to hit it as many times as you want, it serves only as a
network monitor.