Re: [SLUG] portable gaming (was: need video help)

From: Brad Smith (brad_stephenssmith@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 11:54:43 EDT

Well, I've seen screenshots of a quake 1 port to the Zaurus. Most of the fps games that I've seen
ported to PDAs have horrible control schemes like using the on-screen keyboard or, like the winCE
version of quake1, left, right, jump and shoot touchzones below the game screen. While I can't
think of anything better on your average pda, I'd love to see the zaurus version (of any fps) just
use the built-in keyboard. It wouldn't be great, but I think it would be better than tapping
around on the screen.

Hmm.. come to think of it, I wonder if any of these games include the network portions. I mean,
they have 802.11... =:)

--Brad