[SLUG] docking stations

From: A2L1 (A2L1@gte.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 14:39:20 EDT

I have a question and I cant seem to find the answer anywhere. I have a
gateway docking station #8001760, which is really nice. This thing has its
own hard drive(not notebook but standard) its own CD_RW and floppy. It has
controls to turn on the laptop when its docked, off etc, it even has its own
set of speakers all in all its basically a complete desktop computer that the
laptop plugs into. OK now for the question, when the laptop is docked and
boots up which floppy is the one accessed? The one on the laptop or the one
on the dock?
What I am trying to find out is when docked which are used as standard, do I
disk boot from the floppy on the laptop or the docking station?Since the
laptop has no cdrom can I boot from the cd-rw on the docking station. I have
tried all of these but am working with used equipment and dont know which to
test first.(none seem to be woprking at this time)
I want to keep this set-up but I have to get an OS installed to test things
out, the problem is I dont know which unit to boot floppy from. It may be
that both have a bad floppy drive but rather than replace everything I would
rather start from a point and then work with repair/replace.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,

          Thanks,
           A J