RE: [SLUG] Capturing /dev/tty1A informaiont (help Ian)

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 12:32:14 EDT

I do this same thing all the time in order to feed NMEA 0183.X
data to laptops from a single GPS. All I do is go to ratshack
and purchase a number of RS-232 cables with the correct connectors
(DB-9 or DB-25 M or F ) and splice the things together. I have
had no problems running 3-4 laptops off of a single GPS.

One of these days I will get me some chips and slap together a
driver board with 4-5 outputs using RS-232 driver chips to do
the job.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com