[SLUG] Capturing /dev/tty1A informaiont (help Ian)

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 20:34:30 EDT

Here's the scoop.
At work we have a software program (tinyterm) that dials into a remote
site and sends and receives mostly ascii data. What we would like to do
is echo the traffic through the tty1A (or what ever port the modem is
on) to a file. In hopes of this will help troubleshoot connections
problems. It would be nice if there was a standard unix way of doing
this as we really don't want to install software on a customers site if
it can be helped. Is it possible to do something like this using tee and
maybe tail -f. We played around with using tail -f /dev/tty1a |tee
temp.log but we had no way to close the file thus the data was always
lost.

Any help / suggestions would be appricated.

Mike M.