Re: [SLUG] New Job on Slug Job Page

From: Andrew M Hoerter (amh@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 14:37:54 EDT

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Ian C. Blenke wrote:

> ... but building and supporting Sco boxes assaults my very being.

You're lucky I wasn't drinking coffee, or you'd owe me for a new keyboard.

> This is as much a hatred of Sco Unixware as an OS as it is a stand against
> everything Sco is currently doing to the Linux community with its frivilous
> lawsuit.

I don't know what SCO's done to it since then, but Novell's UnixWare
wasn't *too* bad. It was more or less a straight port of SVR4 to the
Intel platform (now, maybe you don't like SVR4, but that's another
argument entirely). Early releases were a bit buggy though; years ago,
the other SVR4 porting houses tried to distinguish themselves by patching
more original USL bugs than the other guy.

It *is* the same product, right? It's hard to keep track with everybody
trading the various bits and pieces of USL/USG.

That aside, SCO UNIX does suck hard.